Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rediscovering Passion

That's right.... I've rediscovered my passion for painting. Although I've done mostly abstract pieces, I've just finished a portrait and it felt amazing. And I used watercolors... which I haven't used since high school. Yea... just a little long. But paying close attention to the details and getting back into using them was a great feeling. It's a day early, but he doesn't read this often enough for me to worry. :P So... here's Travis' 15 month anniversary gift....

This is my favorite picture of him. It's from when we went to Florida for Spring Break last year. 

And my version.
The eyes ended up a little bit off to me... but not too bad. :D I hope he likes it. ^_^

I guess I don't hate watercolors as much as I thought... Maybe it was just using them for landscapes that I didn't like... Or just one specific landscape in high school that I did that ended up looking like green mush. :P Thinking I'll have to use them a little more often. Especially if I'm (hopefully) going to go back to school for painting. 

So... other updates... There's another painting that I've finished recently. 

"Summer Dance"
Now that I've looked at it for a while... It looks like someone dancing in water... You know, I typically wait until I've finished a painting before naming it, but this time I had the idea and name all planned out before I even had the materials to do these paintings!

I feel so great right now! I have a feeling that all these blank canvases aren't going to be blank for much longer!



Stay Tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, those paintings are awesome!! The one of Travis looks amazing!! I like the painting better than the photo! You are so talented, I wish I could paint like that. Keep it up, maybe someday I'll be able to buy something that you have for sale. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I've always wished I was artistic. You can definitely tell it's him, and I think the eyes look fine, they fit well.

    ReplyDelete