Tuesday, January 18, 2011

*drumroll*.... And....

DENIED!

Yes, again...

Let me explain. For those of you who don't know, I'm currently attending the American College Theater Festival (ACTF) in Ames, IA. I am here because I was chosen as a partner for an Irene Ryan Nominee. If you feel so inclined, you can look up all the information at the KCACTF Website. Anyway, we take anywhere from 1 to 4 months to prepare 2 scenes and then the nominee also prepares a monologue. All three pieces must equal a maximum of 6 minutes. Usually, the first scene is 3 minutes, the second scene is 2 minutes, and the monologue is left for the last minute. Today, we performed the first scene, then waited to find out if we went on to the next round to perform the second scene...

*drumroll*.... And.... DENIED!

Makes more sense now. :P Yes, we spent that long working on both scenes only to find out it wasn't really worth it... It's bittersweet. Now, we have the rest of the week to attend workshops and performances... but we, again, don't get to see what it's like to go beyond the first round of Irene Ryan. *sigh*

So... let's see... what else. Ran into a friend from high school! That was exciting and unexpected... Well, I should have known that she would be there because she's completely into acting. Pretty sure it's going to be her career. It was awesome! Then, on Wednesday I will be meeting up with someone from my high school class. Very excited. ^_^

Hm... ended up taking a nap today. Not sure when I ended up so tired, but I passed out about 4 this afternoon and didn't wake up until close to 7 pm. Haven't done that since I was sick last year... or this summer... I can't remember when I was sick last. I see that as a good thing.

Another good thing? Travis called tonight. Well, we've been texting, as usual, all day, everyday. We're getting more into calling while we are separated for more than 3-4 days. It's nice. ^_^ Loving it... *stares off to daydream*

*remembers* Oh yes! Half of us got stuck in an elevator today! Yes, no lie. It was only for about 15 minutes, but it was definitely interesting. And kind of funny... so I had to take a picture. It almost won out on the picture of the day, but didn't. However, I still think it needs to be posted so...

Dustin, Jamie, Ryan, and Jason hoping the technician shows up soon.

There! :D 

Hm... what else. Again. I guess that's all I have for today... 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment