Wednesday, February 2, 2011

1 down... 11 to go...

YEA! I was able to keep up with the project for a whole month! Sweet!

Very excited! There are something things that have happened in the past few weeks while I haven't blogged that are good and, of course, there are some bad. At this point in time though, the good is outweighing the bad and I'm loving it.

Let's see... not sure if I mentioned this or not, but right before I left for the ACTF trip, I was laid off from Classic Corner. So, I was worrying about money and everything while I was on the trip. Thankfully, my father was able to electronically transfer money to me to help relieve the tension. Then, while I was on the trip, I filed for unemployment so I could still be able to get by while finding a job. However, I quickly realized that looking for a job in this weather, without a car, is not enjoyable in the least. Plus, it's not likely that someone is going to hire me since I can only work weekends anyway. Bleh... New subject needed.

Okay... let's see. ... It's the first day of February. Valentine's Day... Red. Is. EVERYWHERE. Granted, I'm all about celebrating with a loved one... but it's horrible if couples only celebrate each other and their relationship once a year. I'm pretty sure Travis and I show our appreciation of each other all the time. <3 Speaking of, Travis and I are going to be having our Valentine's Day celebration on Saturday. We're going to Sioux Falls for a whole day. Shopping, dinner, etc. Maybe even a movie... Hm. Not sure though. We'll see.

Now, I'm going to take the mention of shopping and head towards Spring Break. While we are in Sioux Falls, I'm going to have him help me pick out a swimsuit for our trip to Florida! Warm, sunny Florida for a week sounds pretty damn good compared to this 3-foot high snow pile we call Madison, SD. OMG. So, so excited. ^_^


Feeling like a different color....Purple? Green? Yea, green... for now. :P I'm feeling a little bit better about life beyond graduation. As far as jobs, I've decided that I'm re-applying for an internship at Fresh Produce. Then, I have a toe in the door at Funky Fresh because I applied there for an internship after my summer one fell through and they actually contacted me again wondering if I still needed an internship. I told them that I graduate in May and would be happy to work then. So... For Fresh Produce, I need to apply by March 31st. I plan on having my resume and what not ready by then anyway so then I will send it to Funky Fresh at the same time. Hopefully, my car will be fixed and running by then too. 


There's another problem... my car is still out of commission... Hopefully with my tax refund coming in the next couple of weeks and another refund from the school, I should be able to handle paying to get it fixed... I hope. >.< Not having a car is getting really old. 


Anyway... New subject to finish out on. Can't leave it on a bad note. Um... I guess...


Stay tuned! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment