Thursday, February 17, 2011

To Go or Not To Go

Alright... I am torn. My mom presented me with a proposition.

     "You can come to live with me after graduation (in Iowa) and not have to pay rent."

Oh boy.

So, I've barely been putting any thought into this since she mentioned it a couple of months ago, but she brought it up again today. Needless to say, it's rolling around in my head. Let's review my current options.

A: Stay in my current apartment > (Hopefully) Acquire job in Sioux Falls until grad school
B: Move with mom after graduation > (Hopefully) Acquire a job in Iowa... most likely Dubuque or Davenport

A.... I get to stay closer to the friends I've made over the last 5 years, including staying closer to Travis. I already have 2 opportunities (possibly 3) lined up in Sioux Falls. I just have to get my car fixed...

B.... I would be going back to my high school area... to my old friends... who don't know me now (compared to knowing me back then). I'd be away from Travis and the friends I have here. AND as far as job hunting goes... I haven't done any in that area so I'd be starting from scratch.

Ugh. Decisions that need to be made, but I just don't have the time to make them right now. >.< Therefore, I'll be putting off this discussion with myself for probably another couple of months. *makes event in mental calendar*

Onto other things... --interruption of prank caller-- Wow. I haven't had one of those on my cell phone before. How lame are some people? Really? >.<

ANYWAY... Things are going pretty well. School just keeps going... homework comes in waves. A bajillion projects/assignments one week, then like 2 the next week. Sucks, but I've been feeling more productive as the semester goes on so I'm hoping it really kicks into high gear soon. :)

As far as those prospective jobs in Sioux Falls go, I have until March 31st to get my resume/ portfolio ready. Once I start thinking about that, my workload triples. I guess I could tell you about my idea for my mini portfolio, eh? Okay... Thanks to Travis, I will be able to make a cost-effective "mini" version of my suitcase portfolio. Ready...? Wait for it... wait for it... DVD case that looks like a suitcase. :D Ta-da! It wouldn't open like a DVD, but like a suitcase instead. Oh yea. :D The title would be "Melissa Jean: Traveling Artist/Musician." Done. haha Tell me your thoughts!

And I have to give a shout out to my readers!
-Denise, I know you are reading my blog even if you don't comment just like I read your even when I don't comment! Love your TCT shots. :D
-Molly, I wasn't aware that you read this until the other day in choir. ^_^ Thanks for reading!
-Everyone else, thank you very much for staying tuned! Hopefully, I can keep you interested! LOL

2 comments:

  1. That is a tough decision! Rent free is pretty excellent, though! I've stayed in my brother's basement the past 4 summers and it makes saving money SO MUCH EASIER!! I'm facing a few of those tough decisions, as well. And I am also putting off the thinking. =P Just hoping for a sign or something, to tell me what to do.
    Portfolio idea - Love it!! That'll be really cute and creative. You could also include a small version of your printed portfolio and throw that in the "suitcase"...Or not. Ha.
    I do read this every time you update cuz it shows up on my "dashboard." And thanks for reading mine, too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on waiting for a sign... *still waiting*

    I was thinking about a small printed version too... if there's enough room in the case. :)

    Yay shared! lol

    ReplyDelete