Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

This past weekend could not have been any better. Really amazing.


Alright, it started Friday. Travis and I got together with a few friends and just had a good time. He and I walked together to Stadium. Even the walk there was nice. It was a little chilly, but I was walking with Travis. Anyway, we went to the bar, not to get drunk, but to just hang out and have a great time. When we were done at about 1-2 am, we were dropped off at my place. He stayed with me so we could get ready to go to Sioux Falls early the next morning.


Saturday couldn't not have been any better! Travis and I went to Sioux Falls for the entire day. Got there about 10 am and went all over town. We started at Hobby Lobby so I could look for ideas for sending out my resume and portfolio in mini form. Came up with a great idea that I will explain later. After that, we took to Target to look at the toys for him and swimsuits for me. We both found what we were looking for, but wanted to still shop around so we figured we would come back later. Then, we went to the mall. Ended up spending most of the day there going to multiple stores. Basically, we took a left from the food court and followed the path around. Hot Topic (where I ended up buying him a second gift of a Deadmau5 hoodie), Victoria's Secret (that I had coupons for, but wasn't in the buying mood. Not sure if it was because of all the people in there or what, but I just wasn't comfortable), Walden Books (This is where I ended up telling him what I had gotten him... and I ended up really bummed because now I didn't have a surprise for him... still kind of bumming about that), and Kay Jewelers. Yes, Kay Jewelers. We went there because they have Pandora-like charms that they called "Charmed Memories" that work with Pandora bracelets. So, beforehand I had chosen some of the charms out of a book, but I forgot the book in the car. Because of that, I went with him to pick one out. Well, actually... We picked out three different ones and then he made the ultimate decision. Which was perfect...


Absolutely beautiful addition! 
And it's reasons like these that I have to thank my mother for the bracelet in the first place so that I can have memories and stories like this with each charm. <3 Then, after we've chosen the charm, he turns to me and says, "You should go to another store... just in case." As if that wasn't a big enough hint for what was to come later, I followed his request. I ended up in Claire's, but decided that was too close because I could still sneak peeks at him. So, I went to another store that I can't even remember because I was so excited and so... just... thinking. lol Then, I end up leaving that one and drifting further away from Kay's so I wouldn't be able to spoil anything, if anything, that he had planned. Just as I was doing that, he came up behind me. (How perfect, right...) *sigh* After that, he ran the bag out to the car and I met him in Express. I tried on a couple of shirts, but by then, I wasn't really in the buying mood anymore. We had already been walking around for like 4 hours by this time. However, I ended up buying some camis and that was it. We were getting hungry and this point because we were trying to avoid the lunch rush we saw when we first got there. We chose to eat at Burger King (yes, very bad... ) since it was completely different from where we planned on eating supper. When we finished our food, we ended up heading back into Victoria's Secret so I could use my coupons and then, we were done. 

Barnes & Noble was our next stop. All I had to do here was pick up his non-surprise gift of the 30th Anniversary Wooden Rubik's Cube. I'm pretty sure he has almost one of every kind they have so I thought that would be better than "The Incredibles: Collector's Edition." He even said it was the better choice. *thumbs up* He looked around at a few things and I followed. I didn't want to be tempted by anything and my feet were hurting. :P 

Hm... then, we heading next door to WalMart to finish up with most of the shopping for the day. That's where I had most of the stuff I needed to get. Um... We looked around there for a while... basically killing time at this point until we went to dinner. Found some cute rings on those cheap towers... One was with hearts and an asymmetrical design. Even Travis thought it was cute. Now... at this point, I was confused because our shopping was almost over and, to my knowledge, Travis hadn't found my second gift. While I was trying not to think of that fact, I went about and picked up everything I needed. Done. 

I'm pretty sure that's when we headed back to Target because we still had more time to kill. I definitely didn't find anything better for swimsuit selection at WalMart so I wanted to go back and get the one I had tried on. Even though we were killing time, we thought it best to split up, so he went to go look for his Halo action figure. THEY WERE BOTH GONE! His action figure and my supposedly-cleverly-hidden swimsuit were GONE. Unfortunately, his figure was the only one of the kind he was looking for and the bottoms to my swimsuit I picked out was the only one in my size. I guess it was okay about my swimsuit though because I ended up picking out one that I liked a little bit better. (You'll see pictures of that in about 3 weeks!) 

Then, we were finally ready to eat! We pulled up to Chili's and parked. We had decided earlier in the week that we would exchange gifts over dinner so we brought those inside with us. As we were doing this, I mentioned how it doesn't really even matter because, I thought, that we didn't have any surprises for each other since we had either picked out what we wanted or ended up telling what we bought. (>.< Still kicking myself for that.... ) Anyway, we sat down, without waiting, and ordered our drinks and appetizers. It was at this time that we decided to exchange gifts since it was before our hands would get messy and what not. I gave him his first. He still loved it. I mixed it up for him and he solved it in less than 5 minutes. I have no idea how he does it. Amazes me. Then, it was his turn to give me my gift. Remember, at this point, I'm under the impression that I'm only receiving a charm from him so when he puts this down: 


I was just a little confused. "Why all this wrapping for something I already know what it is?" I keep unwrapping it, just thinking it's my charm. I get all the paper off and open the box to find the jewelry box. Then....

O. M. G!

SO SURPRISED! I just completely started nervously giggling and covering my face. Yes, I teared up. Just a bit... quite a bit. I probably kissed him like 50 times. I just couldn't get over it. I mean, jewelry is a big deal to me. Any kind. Well, like... the charm wasn't really a big deal. I mean, it was because it was from him, but the necklace... Huge. Totally unexpected! And perfect. I kept telling him that I wanted something that I could show off and say it was from him. Now, I have two! 

And now, it wasn't just the gifts that made this weekend amazing. Actually, those were an added bonus. The overall feeling that I have when I'm with his is so positive and so... good. So awesome. *sigh*

You think I'm done now? NOT! We still have the movie! We went to Century after we were done eating the great food. Any takers as to what movie we saw? The Eagle (2011) It was actually pretty decent! It was so nice to be able to sit down for an extended period of time since we had done so much walking all day. 

When the movie was over, we didn't waste much time getting back to Madison. We were both tired. We ended up putting in close to 12 hours of shopping/hang out time in. That takes a lot out of a person... So, when we got home, we had a little ice cream cake, hung out for a bit on the couch, then ended up going to bed to watch TV. Yea, we actually almost fell asleep with the TV on. Nothing else happened... and I was perfectly okay with that. I fell asleep in his arms. That was the most wonderful ending to the most amazing day. <3


So there you have it. That's my Valentine's Day post. And in case you didn't know, I love Travis J. Bentley with all my heart! *sigh* ^_^ 

Definitely Stay Tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment