Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Yes, it is Christmas Eve! ^_^

I know that being online isn't the best thing to be doing on Christmas Eve, but we are waiting for more family to show up so there isn't much going on here.

Oh yea... "here" would be my grandparents' place in Arkansas. Well... technically, my sister's grandparents... or my ex-grandparents. (Can you follow that? :S) Anyway, I'm in Arkansas at their lake house. To us South Dakotans, it's nice, fall-type weather here. A light jacket will suffice just about all the time. There isn't any snow... as of yet. Apparently, there's supposed to be no more than an inch on the ground between tonight and tomorrow. We'll have to see. It's nowhere near as much as we have up north. It makes me laugh when people down here think that this is freezing. Hahaha... One things that does make me sad is the bickering that happens with my sister Callie. I'm not sure if it's because we don't see each other much or what, but we seem to bicker over the smallest things. It's not huge.... just always happening. I wish we were closer... geographically and emotionally. I just... I'm not sure what I can do to make it better. There's my Christmas wish. *sigh*

So... sidenote. I've become addicted to those stupid Facebook games... Frontierville and Cityville. Stupid games.

I'm missing Travis tonight. It's our first Christmas together and we're apart. I'm glad he stayed all last weekend with me.

Missing my mom, little sister Hope, and little brother Charlie, too. They're in Iowa. I may not get to see them again until graduation in May. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it back there sometime before that, but I'm not sure how finances and school time off will end up working out just yet. Thinking that 6 months or so off before heading back to grad school will help a lot with catching up on visits. Especially since it'll be the fall semester I'm taking off. I've been told by a few people that taking a semester off is a good idea. That makes me feel better about my decision.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."--Buddha

3 comments:

  1. I've fallen behind in reading this! Glad you're having/had fun in Arkansas! I totally feel ya on the Christmas apart from the boyfriend thing. Brian and I have been together almost 3 years and have not spent ONE Christmas together. It's sad, but we make it work (just like you and Travis!) =)
    And also - I love your portfolio idea! It's going to be great and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Denise! I'm hoping it will all turn out in the end (with the portfolio)... We shall see, I guess. lol

    Yes, I am excited to be back in South Dakota on Thursday, all weather and airplanes permitting, to see Travis when he picks me up from the airport. I have a feeling that it might turn into those "as seen in the movies" type scenes. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sure it will! I've thought that my and Brian's airport meetings would be like that...But we're just NOT that type of couple. Haha. Now YOU TWO, on the other hand...Definitely see that happening!! Wish I could be there to see it cuz I know it'll be the sweetest thing and probably make people cry. Ha!

    ReplyDelete