Monday, December 20, 2010

Vacay = Time to play!

Alrighty, it's official. I am done!

As far as an assessment of this semester... It wasn't my very best, but definitely wasn't my worst as far as anything goes.

Classes... Art History was my weakness. Studying. Reading about things that I'm not particularly interested in... tough one. The other classes weren't so bad. Relatively laid back semester actually.

Next semester, I'm looking forward to Graphic Effects II. Building my portfolio. I have a pretty good head start, but to be able to finish it will be great. Have I talked about my portfolio idea? Ah ha, I've mentioned it, but haven't gone into detail! Perfect time to....

Okay, so... The theme is "Traveling Artist/Musician." I've had the idea of using this suitcase for a few years now... It wasn't until recently that I came up with a way to tie it into my style as an artist. For my recital last year, I came up with a quote.
"I've got nothing but the paint on my hands and the music in my heart."
I just can't choose between the two so I've decided to combine them. My visual elements are music notes with paint splatters for the note heads. There's also a "swoosh" with 5 lines in it to represent the music staff. So, the suitcase is lined with canvas... looking to add sheet music to the lining. On the top half, there's a place for my computer, my resume/references, my business cards, and a CD/DVD. The bottom half is where all the boards with my artwork will be. I have left the original straps in there to aid with taking the boards out. I'm thinking for the teaser/mini portfolio (the ones the employers get to keep) I'm going to make like a travel photo album looking... thing. lol Some kind of spiral notebook, I think. I've made a list of all the things that I still need to do in order for it to be complete... yea... long list.

ANYWAY... new subject. Um... what though? Oh! My apartment is clean... mostly. All my laundry is done and put away. I'm even packed for Tuesday... ON SUNDAY! LOL Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get ALOT of drawing/artsy stuff done. Sleeping in will be nice, but I'm thinking that it won't be much past 10 am. Or at least I'm kind of hoping. Either way, tomorrow is a day for art. I wanted to today, but working from 6:30 am - 3 pm kinda took that out of me. Hm.. and I guess it's after midnight now. So... technically today is a day for art. haha

Travis is staying with me tomorrow... tonight. (It may take me a while to adjust yet. So whenever I say tomorrow... I mean Monday... which is today. BLEH! :P) Okay... so we are spending Monday night together since it's the last night we'll see each other until next week. I'm hoping he's able to pick me up from the airport next Thursday evening which will be our 6 month anniversary! ^_^ Love him so much. <3

So, my plane leaves Tuesday morning at 11 am... approximately. Meaning that I will have to be at the airport by at least 9 am. Luckily, my friend Alex is going to be kind enough to give me a lift to Sioux Falls at about 7:30 in the morning... even though he is not a morning person. (Thanks, Alex!) I'm excited! I get to see my sister, Callie, my grandparents, my Dad, and more family. Last time I saw them was in May for Callie's high school graduation so it hasn't been that long. Still. Excited!

It's hard to believe it's Christmas already... I mean, by this time next week, it will have been here and gone. Where has this year gone? Seriously? Whoa.

Alright, I went as far as looking up "sign-off phrases"... I think I decided to use quotes. Some random, some not so much. Today, I will use mine. This also helps me to expand my interweb connections. haha





"I've got nothing, but the paint on my hands and the music in my heart." -- Melissa Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment