Monday, April 4, 2011

Ups & Downs

Good Afternoon Followers, 


The following blog is part rant, part depression, and part fear for the future. Please, proceed with caution.


Alright... we'll start at the top of the morning. Travis stayed over last night so when we woke up, it was amazing to see him there. We had breakfast and then started heading to Howard to get my car. (For those who didn't know, I was finally able to get someone to tow my car to Howard and it's been sitting there for a few weeks. When I called last week to check on it, one of the guys told me it was just the spark plug wires instead of being the fuel pump like I had thought.) When we get to the shop, I go inside and talk to the guy I talked to in the way beginning. He comes to tell me that the other guy mixed me up with someone else and that they don't know what's wrong with my car. Yep, that's right. He tells me that not only is the fuel pump *probably* still bad, but also that the transmission is probably going to be going out soon. Oh yes. The two most expensive problems with my car.... So, now it seems like my car is just a ticking bomb before it just stops working all together. >.< Positive aspects: 1) I have my car back. 2) I was able to break the amount due into payments. Only paid about $30 today. 3) Ended up with free lunch from my aunt for Travis and I.


Then, there's the fact that I'm broke as a joke. Work study is definitely not enough to get me by like I thought. :( Applying to a few places.
     -AmericInn in Madison. Just turned that application in hours ago.
     -Daktronics in Brookings. Applied online. 
     -Fresh Produce in Sioux Falls. Sent "mini portfolio" in on Thursday.
     -Funky Fresh in Sioux Falls. Preparing another "mini portfolio" to send out to them this coming week.


We will see if I hear back from any of those in the next couple of days/weeks. *crosses fingers* 


Let's see... The musical is over and it's definitely bittersweet. I have more time during the week for homework, etc. However, I'm going to miss seeing everyone so often. We really became a family and it was awesome. ~To anyone reading this that was involved with the musical in anyway, I will miss you!~ I will also have time to clean my apartment. That is one area that has severely suffered due to my lack of free time. In addition to those things, I'm hoping I will have more time for my own artwork... but I know that's asking a bit much at this point in time. 


Starting to gather things for graduation... sort of. I guess I don't have much to "gather"... just finishing up projects and such. I have articles to write, a portfolio to complete, a character to give expressions to, reading to do, papers to write... Yea, lots of stuff. 


Thinking of all of those things makes me think of what's going to happen after graduation. Friends that I may not see for a while... or perhaps ever. Makes me sad to think I may not see some of these friends again. Thankfully, there's Facebook and such, but that can't replace actual interactions. Of course, quite a bit rides on where I end up working. Yes, I feel a little behind, but now I feel a little better knowing I have my resume out there in a few places. Still worried about other things though... *sigh* 


Living life one day at a time.




Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment